Climate Change and Society
Climate Scientists agree that two degrees of warming is the point at which climate change becomes dangerous. Climate Scientists, however, believe that they are not able to determine what constitutes an acceptable level of risk...
That is not a matter that can be decided by science alone. It is a value choice that our society must make.
To help make that choice, we must be informed of the facts of how climate change can affect our lives. Explore these issues with articles from the Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Climate Science:
- "Climate Change Adaptation" by Philipp Schmidt-Thomé
- "Adaptive Governance" by Ronald D. Brunner and Amanda H. Lynch
- "Aerosols and Climate" by Bjørn H. Samset
- "Climate Change and Migration" by Silja Klepp
- "The Two Degrees Celsius Limit" by Christopher Shaw
- "Climate and Health across Africa" by Benjamin F. Zaitchik
- "Climate Change and Geopolitics" by Simon Dalby