See below for a number of supplementary external resources to complement the scholarly articles within the Oxford Classical Dictionary. As the site adds articles and summaries in the coming months, so will we continue to add rewarding sources for further research and exploration.
Oxford Digital Resources: Classics
Oxford Handbooks Online in Classical Studies
- A collection of review essays that offer a snapshot of the current state of research.
Oxford Bibliographies in Classics
- Annotated bibliographies. A terrific pedagogical tool and a starting point for research.
Oxford Scholarly Editions Online: Classics
- Authoritative critical editions, commentaries, and translations of major Latin works, including the Oxford Classical Texts series.
Oxford Scholarship Online: Classical Studies
- Monographs from OUP and partner presses available digitally.
University Press Scholarship Online: Classical Studies
- Delivering the best scholarly publishing from leading university presses around the world.
Texts and Epigraphic Resources
Perseus Digital Library
Corpus Inscriptionum Latinarum
EAGLE: Electronic Archive of Greek and Latin Epigraphy
Ancient World Mapping Center
AWOL – The Ancient World Online
Electronic Resources for Classicists, the Second Generation
For a list of journals in the field, please visit the Society of Classical Studies website and AWOL's list of Open Access Journals in Ancient Studies.
Related Oxford University Press Journals:
Classical Receptions Journal
Journal of the American Academy of Religion
Societies and Organizations
American Classical League
Archaeological Institute of America
Society for Classical Studies