Sustainability in Technical and Vocational Education
- Lisiane Celia Palma, Lisiane Celia PalmaFederal Institute of Education, Science, and Technology of Rio Grande do Sul
- Marcelo TrevisanMarcelo TrevisanUniversidade Federal de Santa Maria
- and Nathália Rigui TrindadeNathália Rigui TrindadeUniversidade Federal de Santa Maria
Establishing a balance between the demands of the productive sectors and other societal spheres is one of the greatest challenges in the area of sustainability. Education for Sustainability (EfS) can help educational institutions (EIs), especially technical schools, to overcome this challenge. Therefore, it is important to explore how the theme of EfS is currently being addressed in technical education. Sustainability permeates discussions about technical education, yet it is not yet central to the education process. The integration of aspects of sustainability in education require the restructuring of didactic arrangements. In this vein, experiential learning theory (ELT) can help EIs to improve EfS. ELT is one of the most effective ways to promote positive change in individuals and organizations.
- Educational Strategies and Policy
- Philosophy and Theory of Education