In November 2019, more than 90 new and revised articles have been published on the Oxford Research Encyclopedias platform.
Discover a selection of featured articles:
- African History: "Archaeology of Colonial Settlement at the Cape" by Antonia Malan
- Asian History: "Confucianism, Daoism, Buddhism, and Chinese Popular Religion" by Mark Meulenbeld
- Education: "School Crisis Prevention and Intervention" by Mary Margaret Kerr
- Latin American History: "Territory, Economy, and Labor in the Colonial North" by Rafael Chambouleyron
- Literature: "The Expanded Market for Fiction in American Periodicals, 1865–1914" by Charles Johanningsmeier
- Natural Hazard Science: "Urban Planning and Natural Hazard Governance" by Ricardo Marten Caceres, Camillo Boano, and Theresa Abrassart
The Oxford Research Encyclopedias (OREs) offer long-form overview articles written, peer-reviewed, and edited by leading scholars. The OREs are available by annual subscription or individual purchase to libraries and institutions, so ask your librarian if you have access. If you don’t, then recommend this essential resource to your librarian today.