- Cynthia FranklinCynthia FranklinUniversity of Texas at Austin
- and Laura M. HopsonLaura M. HopsonSchool of Social Work, University of Alabama
Family intervention has become an important tool for social work practitioners. This entry provides a brief history of family intervention and important influences as well as a synopsis of current research. Although these interventions require more research to better understand the populations for whom they are most effective, the evidence supports their usefulness in addressing such issues as aggression, substance use, and depression, among others.
- Child and Adolescent Social Work
- Couple and Family Social Work
- Direct Practice and Clinical Social Work
- Social Work Research and Evidence-based Practice