Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
- We have an incredibly diverse publishing program, which often surprises people who are expecting a traditional university press offering.
- We publish in many countries, in more than 40 languages, and in a variety of formats–print and digital.
- Our products cover an extremely broad academic and educational spectrum, and we aim to make our content available to our users in whichever format suits them best.
- We publish for all audiences–from pre-school to secondary level schoolchildren; students to academics; general readers to researchers; individuals to institutions.
- As a department of the University of Oxford our worldwide publishing furthers the University's objectives of excellence in scholarship, research, and education. Our main criteria when evaluating a new title for publication are its quality and whether it supports those aims of furthering education and disseminating knowledge.
Our Mission and Values
Oxford University Press employs almost 6,000 people, and has a presence in 100 countries worldwide. It is important to us that we carry out our work in accordance with our core values and principles at all times, and in all territories. We have a number of codes and guidelines that we adhere to, and that help frame our relationships with our suppliers, authors, customers and other partners.
Further Links and Information