- Tony TripodiTony TripodiTony Tripodi, DSW (Columbia University, 1963), is professor emeritus and former dean of The Ohio State University, and editor of the series, Pocket Guides to Social Work Research Methods (Oxford University Press).
- and Marina LalayantsMarina LalayantsHunter College, City University of New York
This entry reviews the state of social work research from the appearance of the social work research overview in the previous encyclopedia to the early 2010s. Social work research is defined, and its purposes, contents, training, location, and auspices are briefly discussed. Continuing issues and developments, as well as the emerging developments of evidence-based practice, practice-based research, cultural competence, and international social work research, are featured.
- International and Global Issues
- Race, Ethnicity, and Culture
- Research and Evidence-Based Practice
Updated in this version
Sections on “Data-Mining” and “International Social Work Research” added. Bibliography updated to reflect recent research.