- Edward R. CandaEdward R. CandaSchool of Social Welfare, University of Kansas
- and Sherry WarrenSherry WarrenUniversity of Kansas
This entry provides an introduction to mindfulness as a therapeutic practice applied within social work, including in mental health and health settings. It describes and critiques mindfulness-based practices regarding definitions, history, current practices, best practices research, and ethical issues related to using evidence-based practices, acquiring competence, addressing social justice, and respecting diversity.
- Children and Adolescents
- Clinical and Direct Practice
- Race, Ethnicity, and Culture
- Religion and Spirituality